Saturday, November 17, 2018

Épisode 1: Le Début

So, je suis un peu confus de la langue d’ecriture. Should it be in English or in French étant donné que je suis un prof de FLE in a predominantly English environment like Nigeria. I guess it will be a mix. Bilingual readers expected 😁.

J’ai commencé à enseigner le FLE il y a quelques années and, I work in a public school autrement dit, a government school. The journey has been amazing. My challenges when I started the job were “how do I teach French to students who were struggling with even English language?” Next challenge “teaching French to a class of about 70 students” thankfully, the Lagos State Multilingual Resource Centre came to the rescue. They organized a workshop titled “teaching French in a predominantly English environment using the UK example” That exposed me to using audiovisual resources to teach.

Several trainings later, a French club, a yearly “Journée de La Francophonie” I was managing my situation well enough. The performance in external exams started to improve. And then came the transfer, my attention was needed in a senior school nearby. Goodbye to Junior High, Hello Senior High.
Had to go back to the drawing board. So, I left for the unknown with the lessons learnt from the past, and thinking about how to handle the new challenge. I was nervous et un peu incertaine, how will I handle the senior students and their dramas?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! C'est une idée super! Du courage Damilare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Félicitation! Il faut que la langue de communication soit purement français. Je ne m'incris jamais à l'utilisation d'anglais

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Episode 6: Enfin, Je peux souffler un peu!

J'ai été si occupée, je pensais toujours à mon blog mais je n'avais même pas le temps de poster quelque chose. J'avais le br...